The Holidays are a time for giving and sharing. It is also time for your business policyholders to decorate their offices and host company gatherings. So, we are giving you a few Holiday Safety Tips to share with your customers.
An average of 15,000 people go to emergency rooms each holiday season from injuries related to decorating for the holidays. To help prevent such injuries, keep these tips in mind:
- Use the correct ladder for the job. Do not stand on chairs or other furniture.
- "Angel Hair" is made of spun glass and should be handled using gloves.
- Watch out for frayed electrical cords or broken glass bulbs when handling lights.
- Make sure paths and exits are kept clear of decorations, and floors are free of discarded wrapping paper.
To help prevent fires related to the decorations that promote the holiday cheer, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Do not overload electrical outlets.
- Keep combustibles at least three feet away from heat sources including lights.
- Use only UL (Underwriters Laboratory) listed decorations and follow the manufacturer's recommendations for use.
- Unplug all decorations at the end of the business day.
If your policyholder is providing the food for a company event, there are few important food safety rules to be followed:
- Be sure to let everyone know what the ingredients are to prevent reactions from food intolerances or allergies.
- Keep fresh party food refrigerated before and after the event, and stored properly to prevent cross contamination.
- Do not leave perishable foods out for extended periods.
- Wash hands frequently.
Practicing these few safety items will help keep the Holidays Happy, Healthy and Safe!
This article was provided buy Thebusinessbuzz from Farmer Insurance.
Interested in enhancing your Safety Program? Register at www.MySafetyPoint.com