Landlords (1–4 Units)


  • Single Family Homes
  • Course of Construction 
  • Duplex, Triplex, Fourplex
  • Foreclosures
  • Vacant Homes
  • Vacant Land
  • Flip Properties
  • Builders Risk 

Madison Avenue Insurance Group has many options for landlord and investment property insurance. We have a master policy insurance program available for landlords with multiple locations. It is cost effective, easy to use and offers a wealth of insurance coverages.  All rental properties are covered on one master commercial insurance policy. This often provides landlords more coverage for less cost and simplifies the paperwork. Clients can add and remove properties with ease. We have these programs available for all classes of business. 

Provide us a list of your property addresses and we will prepare a master commercial insurance policy quote for you. To include vacant properties. 

  • EPLI = 3rd party tenant discrimmination 
  • Liability Limits $500k to $2MM/$4MM
  • Umbrella Limits $1MM to $20MM
  • 30 days of Temporary Coverage for New Purchases (up to $250,000)* Some polices 
  • One policy
  • One agent
  • One bill

Many investors buying homes in foreclosure or to “flip” them should insure them as such. Most standard landlord policies have vacancy exclusion. Investors may not realize the loss of insurance coverages on their landlord insurance policy when a property is vacant more than 30/60 days.  Should there be a claim on a vacant home, building coverage can be reduced by up to 60-70% and there may be zero coverage for things such as vandalism.  We have access to an “A” rated carrier specializing in vacant homes and can also offer master policy plans. 

Madison Avenue Insurance Group, Inc. is currently licensed to write business insurance in Washington, Oregon, California, Utah, Arizona and Texas. Additional states are added as our clients needs expand.

Washington landlords

Please read article below regarding contractor requirements for landlords. If you need to register as a general contractor, Madison Avenue Insurance can help. We have great insurance programs for general contractor insurance and contractor bonds.

For Finance or ReFi Landlord Properties, please visit:

Labor & Industries: Recent Changes to the Contractor Registration Law

Landlord and Flipper Contractor Laws

Relevant Blog Posts


State Insurance Commissioners Warn on Keeping Vacant Homes Insured
"As the U.S. housing market struggles to rebound, many homeowners are stuck with hard-to-sell properties longer than expected. Some frustrated home sellers who must relocate for a new job opportunity, want to downsize or simply want to buy a new place have left homes empty. Vacant or unoccupied ..."
This article can be found at:

Read our Blog